Have you ever wondered what the “Komuna” word means? It appears every time the Poles talk about the bad old days! During our tour you have a chance to go back in time to the Communist Krakow!
During this tour you will:
- hop on board of a vintage car – Trabant 601, Nysa 522, Polonez or Fiat 126p
- see the Nowa Huta – a centraly-planned Socialist city, nowadays a district of Krakow
- get to recognize the socialism-realism style buildings
- listen to fascinating stories and anegdotes about life in PRL
- feel the power of propaganda
- be accompanied by local guide who will show you Krakow through his eyes
From 60€ per person /
4.70 53 opinions
You will see:
Workers' district of Nowa Huta was meant to be a model Communist city, but later came to be one of the Polish centres of revolutio... [ read more ]
2,5-hour tour by car
The legacy of Communism is still alive in Krakow. During the tour you will discover worker's district of Nowa Huta. It was meant to be a model Communist city, but later came to be one of the Polish centres of revolution and resistance. You will be picked up from you hotel and embark on a journey back in time in the iconic Trabant car. You will see how the average Poles lived, worked and had fun under Communism. Also, you will hear funny stories and political anecdotes from a local guide showing you Krakow through his eyes.
- Price applies for a minimum of 2 participants. For solo travellers, there is a 35EUR supplement.
- Entrance fees are extra paid (but they can be added to the final receipt/invoice).
- Prices for groups of more than 7 persons are quoted on request.
- Pick up at your hotel in the city centre
- English-speaking guide (other languages on request if available)
Similar topic and attractions
Krakow private city tours by car
From €200 per person
4.90 45 opinions
Horse carriage ride in Krakow
From €150 per person
4.81 77 opinions
Krakow private walking tour
From €130 per person
4.99 95 opinions
Bohemian Kazimierz private tour in Krakow with snack
From €130 per person
4.81 55 opinions
Viewing helicopter flights over Krakow
From 540€ per flight
4.68 72 opinions