Blog Article / 22 May 2020
Our health, safety and cancellation policy during Covid 19 pandemic
As we understand that many of you feel insecure about travelling right now, we have developed a new set of protective measures for the period of the Covid19 pandemic. Your safety and comfort has always been our priority. We have also implemented Covid-friendly cancellation policy to make your travel plans easier and more secure. Please remember during this difficult time we are even more flexible to fulfill your special requests.
Our Covid19 cancellation policy
We are aware that many of you are hesistant to book tours right now because of possible cancellation costs. That is why we want to be flexible to help you avoid loosing your money in case you need to cancel your tour.
We are happy to inform you that on November 14th 2020 we introduced a new cancellation policy in regards to the new bookings:
A free cancellation up to 24 hours before the tour.
The cancellation policy applies to all the tours and experiences available for online bookings except for packages including hotels for more than 3 nights.
Packages including 3 or more nights are subject to 7 days free cancellation plan.
Special offer - private car for each group free of charge!
During Covid19 pandemic, when you book a group tour by car (cheaper option), we transform your booking into a private tour (more expensive option) free of charge!* It means you book each tour by car 25% cheaper and the car is just for you and your fellow travelers.
The offer is valid till the end of July 2021 (we consider the date of booking, not the date of the tour).
* Exceptions: Auschwitz tour from Krakow, Wieliczka Salt Mine tour from Krakow, Auschwitz & Wieliczka tour from Krakow.
Our health & safety policy
Having your safety and comfort in mind, we organize small group tours with up to 8 participats only. It concerns only tours to Auschwitz from Warsaw and tours starting in Krakow. Other tours, as mentionned before, are on a private basis.
Please check our protective measures below:
1. During the journey by car/van
- We clean and disinfect the vehicle before each tour with an antibacterial, alcohol-based spray.
- We disinfect the frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, several times throughout the group tour.
- Hand sanitizer in spray are available in each vehicle, passengers are asked to use the hand sanitizer before taking their seats in the vehicle.
- At least 1-2 seats (depending on the size of the vehicle) remain empty in our cars and vans during group tours.
- The driver wears a protective mask throughout the entire duration of the tour.
- Passengers are asked to wear protective masks in the vehicle during group tours. We encourage you to have your own mask. If you forget one, we will equip you with a single-use mask. If you prefer not to share the vehicle with other passengers, we encourage you to book the tour with private transportation. Passengers do not need to wear masks in the vehicle during private tours, unless they are coughing.
- Vehicles are properly ventilated at all times. We avoid recirculating air, which means the air in the vehicle is being replaced by the fresh air coming from the outside.
- A/C filters and cabin filters are replaced more often than suggested by the car manufacturers.
- We frequently ozonize the vehicles.
2. In the museums
Museums in Poland apply their internal health&safety policies in accordance with the new sanitary regime, such as hand sanitation, social distancing, limited number of visitors per tour, online tickets. Visitors are required to wear protective masks.
3. In the open-air, for example during walking city tours
- We ensure that all staff members: guides, helicopter pilots, animators, etc. are wearing protective masks (in accordance with the current pandemic regulations)
- Our staff members monitor their health on a daily basis to ensure they are symptom-free
- Our guides keep a safe distance (2 metres) from the participants during walking tours
4. In restaurants
- Restaurants in Poland apply their internal health&safety policies in accordance with the new sanitary regime. Distance between tables (6 feet/2 metres) must be maintained at all times. Tables are disinfected after each use. You do not need to wear protective masks once seated.
We hope to see you soon!
AB Poland Travel Team
Lastest news from AB Poland Travel